Wednesday, August 24, 2011

cohab tales, episode one

So I moved in with my boyfriend.  The experience so far has been absolutely wonderful (no sarcasm, promise).  We've lived apart for three years, and finally being in the same city, in the same little house, is really very nice.

There are, of course, some things to get used to.  And because I do not want to turn into a naggy, bitchy, grouchy person, I am trying to express my concern over certain undesirable lifestyle habits in passive-aggressive creative, light-hearted ways, that hopefully also get the point across and inspire real - yet nondramatic - change.

Exhibit A - E-Mail, sent this morning:

MILDEW

an installation sculpture by the modernist newcomer, Christopher [hislastname]

Materials:
three damp towels that were pain-stakingly cleaned and dried by the artist's loving girlfriend mere days before;
rapidly multiplying cells of obligate parasites in the species of fungi in the order erysiphales;
flippant disdain

Showing at the [ourhomeaddress] Gallery, now through when the artist again desires adult nighttime activities

 sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry


No comments:

Post a Comment